A Healthy Gut = A Strong Immune System

Having good digestive health is vital to having a strong immune system. 70% of the work of our immune system does is through the gut. The other 30% of the work is done throughout the body by the lymph system and cells that travel through the blood stream. The best way to boost your immune… [Continue Reading]

bacteria

How Detoxing Can Boost Your Immune System

We all come into contact with many toxins throughout our day from the foods we eat, the air we breathe, and the personal care items we use. These toxins accumulate in our body and cause our immune system to work overtime to protect our bodies from the effects along with any bugs that might be… [Continue Reading]

raw foods

How Does Exercise Improve the Immune System?

Outside of just keeping you in shape and helping you to become healthier over time, exercise can boost your immune system and help your body fight off harmful diseases and even something as simple as the common cold. There are many factors that lead to a poor immune system, especially in today’s busy paced world.… [Continue Reading]

Exercise

How Does Your Weight Affect Your Immune System?

We all know that being overweight or obese increases our risk of many diseases like diabetes, cancer, and heart disease. This means that it has a negative impact on the immune system. But why? It was once considered that fat cells were inert, meaning that they didn’t do anything but store fat. The latest research… [Continue Reading]

fat cartoon guy

Gluten-Free Apple Crisp

Gluten-Free Apple Crisp Even though it’s still only August, there’s a crispness to the air that feels like fall.  My sister gave me several apples from her garden and I decided to try a gluten-free apple crisp which I think is perfect for the season. This is pretty easy to make and I used honey… [Continue Reading]

Gluten Free Apple Crisp

Supplements That Boost Your Immune System

I wrote about why pharmaceutical grade supplements are superior to those bought in your local grocery store here. It’s important to use good-quality supplements to keep you healthy and to keep your immune system strong. The fillers in poor-quality supplements will cause your immune system to ramp up to fight those substances, leaving you vulnerable… [Continue Reading]

bad bacteria

Are Vitamin Supplements Useless?

Vitamin supplements are a huge business. We all want a quick fix, and some of us may take supplements to make ourselves feel better mentally (I’m pretty healthy, I take supplements) while eating a poor diet. Kinda like eating a high-calorie fast food meal, but getting the diet soda, ya know? Several months ago, a… [Continue Reading]

supplements

What Foods Harm Your Immune System?

Hey, Everybody! I’m excited to write today about ways to prevent disease and improve our immunity to all the nasty bugs that are just waiting to attack us. Last week, I wrote about what foods can help boost your immunity. Today, I’ll be writing about those foods that can wreck your immune system and leave… [Continue Reading]

no fake food

Restaurant-Style Salsa Recipe

My sister and her husband shared tomatoes, jalapenos, and green bell peppers from their garden with us, so I decided to make salsa. Restaurant-Style Salsa Ingredients: 6 – 8 small – medium tomatoes, finely diced ½ red onion, finely diced 2 jalapenos, stems and seeds removed, finely diced 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped Juice… [Continue Reading]

salsa (800x450)

7 Super Immunity Boosting Foods

Summer is winding down and now that kids are in school fall is just around the corner and then winter arrives and with it our susceptibility to “bugs” going around increases. Start planning meals and snacks that will increase your immunity to the icky stuff that goes around each year. This list can help you… [Continue Reading]

bell peppers
css.php